• Best household shipping rates
• Reliable, safe household shipping
• Track household shipments
• Experienced Staff
• Efficient service
Do need reliable international household shipping services?
Overseas Shipping, helps with safe and sure international shipping of household goods. We take great care to pack and load your household items into containers of 20 feet or 40 feet dimensions.
We pick up from the point of origin in the USA and ship to the nearest international port. We ship household items, cars, and motorbikes, in a container using Air, and Sea modes of transport.
Assuring the protection you need and the care you deserve
As household items vary in size, shape, and durability, they need special care and packaging to ensure safe ocean shipping. These might include delicate tableware, metal antiques, wooden furniture, appliances, and fragile artworks. Corrugated packs, cushioning, shrinkwrap, and wooden crates meet both size or safety specifications. We offer safe and stress-free shipping to make your relocation a happy experience.
Here’s how we ship your household goods overseas, with care and safety – Step by Step
1. On receiving your inquiry we will contact you for the following information:
- The residential address and zip code for arranging pickup
- Inventory of the type of goods and quantity of items to be shipped overseas. This would later form the content in the shipping document
- Required space (in terms of cubic feet) on the shipping container
2. Send shipping quotes for acceptance by the customer.
3. On acceptance, we require your signed acceptance along with your passport photocopy
4. Make a booking on the shipping vessel to the country of customer’s choice
5. Estimate loading cost and inform the customer
6. Arrange a pickup truck with an empty container to transport goods to the warehouse
7. Our team will pack and wrap securely and load all items into the empty container
8. The pickup will arrive at the nearest port or our office in Baltimore.
9. The shipping document is prepared to detail shipper, consignee address details
10. Facilitate insurance or receive customer’s insurance copy
11. Prepare B/L and handover to the shipping carrier, for onward delivery overseas.
Ways to Ship Household Goods Overseas
When you don’t have enough cargo to utilize the space in the container choose LCL Shipping. Basically, you would be sharing the cost of the full container, with other shippers and consignees). You pay for only space occupied and the weight of your shipment. This saves the costs of shipping smaller export quantities, including household goods and motor vehicles to overseas destinations.
FCL Shipping (Full Container Load)
The FCL shipment is a multi-stage process. We pick up an empty freight container from the yard, load the goods your factory premise or home, and transport by truck to the port of loading. Next, load to an ocean vessel and shipping of your cargo to the port of arrival and delivery at the doorstep. In such cases, the container will ship only your products as a single shipper to a single consignee. It is the most convenient, safe, and cost-effective way to ship large consignments.
Live Load – We pick up an empty container and send it to your premises – home or factory. You are provided 2 hours to pack, crate, brace, and seal your goods. If you need our packing services, additional charges will apply. Extra charges are also applicable for extended container detention time.
Drop and Pick Load – Similar to the above, but you get 2-3 days to comfortably pack and load your goods. Choose this option, if your port of sailing is near, else Live Load is the best option. Inland transportation costs will be higher for longer distances.
Warehouse Load – Save costs of inland freight by delivering your household goods or vehicles at our warehouse. Once we receive it, we secure your cargo and consolidate it into the container for FCL shipment. Later, we deliver at the port of shipping. This is the safest and convenient way to ship FCL of household goods.
Whether you ship through Air or Sea, freight consolidation services aim to reduce the time and cost of container shipping. In simple terms, it means combining several consignees having LCL goods, into one consolidated container load. Overseas Shipping, is an expert in international shipping. We can commit on-time shipment, secure warehousing combining efficient customer service to ship consolidated freight loads to international destinations. We offer professional end-to-end packing and crating materials with expert services to secure your goods in the container.
Before shipping your household belongings ensure the following:
- Make a list of all your items and keep one copy and handover the original to your freight forwarder.
- Take pictures of all your items, in case of verification of the condition upon arrival.
With Overseas Shipping, you get the best shipping rates and absolute peace of mind.